Find out if you have a lemon claim
Our firm has assisted many consumers with lemon vehicle claims. Find out how we can help you. Give us a call for a free consultation.
Taylor Ward, Attorney
We are proud to be successful, lemon law advocates.
Lemon Law Rights
If your vehicle is a "lemon", you have the right to:
1. Require the manufacturer to
Repurchase the vehicle - The manufacturer must buy your vehicle back from you.
Replace the vehicle - The manufacturer must exchange your vehicle for another.
Cash settlement - The manufacturer and you may agree to settle for a lump sum amount
2. Attorney fees paid by the manufacturer
Ohio law requires that a manufacturer pay your attorney fees if it is found that your vehicle is a lemon
If you purchased a "new" car, you may be able to force the manufacturer to repurchase or replace your vehicle if you have a defect (also known as a nonconformity). In some cases there is a presumption that the vehicle is a lemon under Ohio law if some other conditions are met:
- TIMING: You reported the problem to them within 1 year or 18,000 miles; and
- REPAIR ATTEMPTS: The car company either (i) attempted 3 or more repair attempts on the same defect; or is (ii) out of service for 30 or more days; or (iii) eight or more repair attempts to any nonconformity; or (iv) one or more repair attempts to a defect likely to cause serious bodily injury.
How do I know if I have a "lemon" covered by Ohio Lemon Law?
A vehicle may be presumed to be a “Lemon” if:
1. The new motor vehicle has been subject to repair of a non-conformity a total of 3 or more times for substantially the same problem within 1 year or 18,000 miles of the original delivery date, and the problem still exists or recurs, or,
2. The new motor vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days during the first year, or,
3. The vehicle is subject to eight or more repairs for any non-conformity.
4. The vehicle is subject to one non-conformity that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury and the non-conformity continues to exist or recurs.